Security and privacy
People to contact with security and privacy questions:
- Adriana Rovelli <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- UofC IT Manager, Governance, Risk & Compliance (starting from 2023-05-15).
- Carol Williams <email@example.com>
- UofC IT Risk and Compliance group lead (retiring on 2023-07-31).
- Will Fiebelkorn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- CSM privacy officer.
Data classification levels
- See the Data Storage Options for details on data classification levels.
- Microsoft Teams vs Zoom:
Survey tools for UofC researchers
The UCalgary Survey Tool, powered by Qualtrics, is a top-of-the-line survey platform for conducting online surveys. The University of Calgary purchased an institutional license allowing all active students, faculty and staff free and easy access to the tool.
- Description: https://ucalgary.ca/provost/oia/survey/accessing-qualtrics/ucalgary-qualtrics
- Policies and regulations: https://ucalgary.ca/provost/oia/qualtrics-policies
- Getting access: https://ucalgary.ca/provost/oia/survey/accessing-qualtrics
Until further notice, information categorized as "Level 3 Confidential" or "Level 4 Restricted" should not be collected through, or stored on, the Qualtrics platform. Review the Information Security Classification Standard for further details.
- List of transcription options maintained by the UofC Library:
- NVivo allows you to work directly with audio or video files, most people find it much easier to work from a transcription.
- Rev.com has been cleared by IT for Level 2 data.
Software Acquisition process at UofC
Note, that this information does not relate to the RCS services. It is general process that has to be followed if one wishes to acquire a software product that is not provided at UofC already.
- Official information:
The Software / Application Purchase, Acquisition and Renewal process includes activities required from the request for software through to installation and payment of software. The process is in place to protect the security and integrity of University of Calgary technology assets and data.
NVivo for Qualitative Data Analysis
- UofC Library information about NVivo:
NVivo is software for Windows or macOS that supports qualitative and mixed methods research. NVivo can help you:
- Organize and code multiple data sources in one central project file.NVivo Logo
- Assign attributes to data (e.g., demographics) for comparative purposes.
- Add interpretations and notes.
- Query and search data.
- Visualize data.
It is available from the Software Distribution website for Mac and Windows.