- THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS PAGE. THE INFORMATION MAY BE INACCURATE!
OneDrive for Business is available, by request, to all faculty and staff.
OneDrive for Business is a space to store your personal files for the workplace. Files you create or save in OneDrive are private by default and available to you only. OneDrive can be synchronized to multiple devices for easy access to work on files anywhere. OneDrive for Business offers 5TB (terabytes) of storage space and can contain level 1-3 data classifications.
Access to OneDrive for Business requires authentication using your UCalgary login credentials plus Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) (KB0032021). There is an option to share and collaborate on files with others but OneDrive for Business cannot be used as a department or project share space.
For more information on OneDrive for Business:
- Operating Level of Agreement KB0032404 (https://ucalgary.service-now.com/it?id=kb_article&sys_id=7f57bddcdb56a3047cab5068dc9619b6)
- OneDrive for Business Getting Started KB0032351 (https://ucalgary.service-now.com/it?id=kb_article&sys_id=60994170db2da7487cab5068dc961900)
Order process to request OneDrive for Business is:
- Submit your request on ServiceNow using the OneDrive for Business request form (https://ucalgary.service-now.com/it?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=522b68ebdb83e700897e4b8b0b961997)
- IT Support Centre will contact you
- Set a time with IT Support Centre to turn on MFA
- Turn on MFA
- Turn on OneDrive for Business
If you have questions, please contact the IT Support Centre.
- Mon – Fri: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm; Sat, Sun & holidays: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
- Live Chat: ucalgary.ca/it
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 403.220.5555
- In person: 773 Math Science
Secure Compute Data Storage
Use the Secure Computing service called SCDS which now has a feature called ShareFile which allows collaboration and sending information in a secure fashion. Service has to be requested through UCIT Service Now. https://ucalgary.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0030163
Personal storage options
- WestGrid ownCloud:
- Information: https://www.westgrid.ca/resources_services/data_storage/cloud_storage
- Youtube video introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=szPNNySx_Hk&feature=emb_logo
- Access portal: https://owncloud.westgrid.ca/