RCS Home Page
Research Computing Services (RCS) is a group within the wider University of Calgary Information Technologies team that plans, manages, and supports high performance computing (HPC) systems in use by researchers throughout the University of Calgary. Our primary focus is to meet the increasing demand for engineering and scientific computation by offering a wide range of specialized services to help researchers solve highly complex real-world problems or run large scale computationally intensive workloads on our high-end HPC resources.
This RCS Wiki contains technical documentation for use by users of HPC systems operated by RCS
Contact us for support
- For general RCS/HPC inquiries, please email: email@example.com
- For IT related issues (networking, VPN, email), please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Compute Canada specific questions: email@example.com
RCS has an office at the Foothills campus located at HSC B200D and can be reached via the IT reception on the main floor at G204Z next to the University bookstore. If you would like to have a face-to-face meeting with an analyst, please contact us via email to arrange an appointment beforehand.
- General Cluster Guidelines and Policies
- Data ownership
- Connecting to RCS HPC Systems
- External collaborators
- ARC Cluster Guide - ARC is a general purpose cluster for University of Calgary researchers.
- Helix Cluster Guide - Helix is a specialized cluster mainly provided for Cumming School of Medicine projects
- GLaDOS Cluster Guide - GLaDOS is a researcher-owned cluster maintained by Research Computing Services.
- TALC Cluster Guide - Teaching and Learning Cluster (TALC) is a cluster created by Research Computing Services to support academic courses and workshops.
- MARC Cluster Guide -- Medical Advanced Research Computing cluster at the University of Calgary created by Research Computing Services in 2020.
Running courses on HPC resources
- TALC - Teaching and Learning Cluster (TALC) is a cluster created by Research Computing Services to support academic courses and workshops.
- List of courses on TALC - A list of current and historical courses taught using TALC.
- CHGI Transition - Information on the current CHGI Transition